- 1 How warm is Madeira in December?
- 2 Is December a good time to visit Madeira?
- 3 How warm is Madeira in January?
- 4 Can you sunbathe in Madeira in December?
- 5 What is there to do in Madeira at Christmas?
- 6 What is there to do in Madeira in December?
- 7 What clothes to wear in Madeira in December?
- 8 Is Madeira a winter destination?
- 9 Can you swim in Madeira in December?
- 10 Which part of Madeira has the best weather?
- 11 What is the warmest place in Europe in January?
- 12 Can you sunbathe in Madeira in January?
- 13 Is Madeira Nice in December?
- 14 Is Madeira good in December?
How warm is Madeira in December?
Is It Hot In Madeira In December? The average temperature for the island falls from 18°C on December 1st to 17°C by December 31st. Daily highs range from 20°C to 19°C and the lows are from 16°C to 15°C.
Is December a good time to visit Madeira?
Average monthly temperatures For the highest temperatures the best time to visit Madeira is between August and September although the sub tropical climate offers sunshine throughout the year and winter months are equally popular with visitors.
How warm is Madeira in January?
Most days the average temperature stays around a warm 16°C but on some occasions temperatures can exceed 21°C.
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in December?
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in December? Yes, in December and January, Funchal enjoys five times as many sunshine hours as London, but due to Madeira’s island weather, clouds often come and go and the sun is never guaranteed.
What is there to do in Madeira at Christmas?
Is it worth to visit Madeira during the Christmas period?
- Aldeia de Natal – Christmas Village.
- Mercadinho de Natal – Christmas Market in Funchal.
- Presépios – Christmas Cribs / Christmas Nativity scenes.
- Sopa de Trigo stand – a traditional Wheat Soup stand.
What is there to do in Madeira in December?
Top Attractions in Madeira Islands
- Pico do Arieiro. 6,658. Mountains.
- 25 Fontes and Cascada da Risco. 991. Hiking Trails.
- Monte Palace Madeira. 8,519. Gardens.
- Telefericos da Madeira. 15,172. Trams.
- Pico Ruivo. 548. Mountains.
- Praia do Porto Santo. 1,533. Marinas.
- Faja dos Padres. 374.
- Porto Moniz Natural Swimming Pools. 2,960.
What clothes to wear in Madeira in December?
Madeira in winter is neither cold nor hot, but with frequent short showers and some very impressive clouds the weather is prone to changing quickly. Most days we combined a selection of short sleeved & long sleeved tshirts with a hooded top and a pair of jeans.
Is Madeira a winter destination?
Long stay winter holidays Madeira is the perfect winter sun holiday destination – the weather is fantastic all year round, so the island isn’t any less lively. The main difference you’ll notice is the lack of crowds! Plus, of course, it’s cheaper to visit Madeira in the winter than the summer.
Can you swim in Madeira in December?
Swimming the islands of Madeira in december is cool So though the sea temperature may sometimes reach 70°F, it can also go as low as 67°F. Note that the average is 68°F.
Which part of Madeira has the best weather?
ON THE SOUTH COAST Close to probably the prettiest village in Madeira, Jardim do Mar, the southwestern corner of the island is well-known to be the sunniest and warmest, so it comes as no surprise to find here so many beautiful and luxurious villas.
What is the warmest place in Europe in January?
Warmest destinations for winter sun in Europe
- Madeira. Portugal.
- Valletta. Malta.
- Algarve. Portugal.
- Tenerife. Spain.
- Mijas. Spain.
- Bora Bora. France.
- Cyprus. The name “Limassol”, the capital of Cyprus, immediately evokes holidays in the sun.
- Lanzarote. Spain.
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in January?
Funchal Beaches for January Still, they provide great backdrops for sunbathing and swimming, though in January you may want to give the water a miss. At this time of year, they’re best for taking winter walks along or enjoying a book in a sheltered spot in the midday sunshine.
Is Madeira Nice in December?
Madeiran winters are usually very pleasant: in December and January, Funchal enjoys five times as much sunshine hours than London. Daytime temperatures hover just under 20C: mild enough to swim in the sea or a heated outdoor pool, though there’s always the possibility of rain.
Is Madeira good in December?
What’s the weather like in Madeira in December? Madeira may be ruled by Portugal, but it’s closer to Africa. It’s just off the northwest coast, meaning the archipelago has a wonderful climate with warm weather all year round. This makes it a great option if you’re looking for a dose of winter sun.