How do you make a scalloped valance?
Thread the sewing machine with thread that matches the fabric. Sew a half-inch seam along both of the short ends of the fabric. Sew a half-inch seam along the scalloped edge as well. Sew a second half-inch seam on top of the first seam along the scalloped edge for reinforcement.
How do you cover a scalloped cornice board?
HOW TO COVER CORNICE BOARD WITH FABRIC
- Cut a piece of batting larger than the cornice board by 2-3″ on each edge.
- Make a slit in the batting at the corners between the scallops (don’t cut all the way to the corner.)
- Fold batting over and staple to the back of cornice board.
- Fold and staple batting along the top edge.
What is scalloped line?
(skal′ŏpt, skol′) Having a boundary or border shaped in a series of connected waves or C-shapes.
How do you make a double layer Valance?
How to Make a Double Layered Valance
- Measure the curtain rod that the valance will hang on.
- Measure the height of the window.
- Cut the pieces of fabric using the length and width measurements.
- Thread your sewing machine and bobbin with the matching thread.