- 1 Is January a good time to go to Madeira?
- 2 Can you sunbathe in Madeira in January?
- 3 What is the coldest month in Madeira?
- 4 What clothes to take to Madeira in January?
- 5 Can you swim in Madeira in January?
- 6 What is there to do in Madeira in January?
- 7 Is it warm in Madeira in January?
- 8 Is Madeira a winter destination?
- 9 What is there to do in Madeira in winter?
- 10 Is Madeira expensive?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Madeira?
- 12 Which part of Madeira has the best weather?
- 13 What clothes to wear in Madeira in February?
- 14 What should I bring to Madeira Portugal?
- 15 How warm is Madeira in November?
Is January a good time to go to Madeira?
The island of Madeira enjoys dry hot summers and mild winters. Even throughout January, temperatures in Madeira are high enough to give the traditional British summer a run for its money. And with an average of seven hours of sunshine a day, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to explore this fascinating island.
Can you sunbathe in Madeira in January?
Funchal Beaches for January Still, they provide great backdrops for sunbathing and swimming, though in January you may want to give the water a miss. At this time of year, they’re best for taking winter walks along or enjoying a book in a sheltered spot in the midday sunshine.
What is the coldest month in Madeira?
In Funchal, the average temperature of the coldest month ( February ) is of 16.6 °C (62 °F), that of the warmest months (August, September) is of 23.2 °C (74 °F).
What clothes to take to Madeira in January?
What Should I Pack? Layers are going to be your friends. Madeira in winter is neither cold nor hot, but with frequent short showers and some very impressive clouds the weather is prone to changing quickly. Most days we combined a selection of short sleeved & long sleeved tshirts with a hooded top and a pair of jeans.
Can you swim in Madeira in January?
Madeiran winters are usually very pleasant: in December and January, Funchal enjoys five times as much sunshine hours than London. Daytime temperatures hover just under 20C: mild enough to swim in the sea or a heated outdoor pool, though there’s always the possibility of rain.
What is there to do in Madeira in January?
Top Attractions in Madeira Islands
- Pico do Arieiro. 6,660. Mountains.
- 25 Fontes and Cascada da Risco. 991. Hiking Trails.
- Monte Palace Madeira. 8,523. Gardens.
- Telefericos da Madeira. 15,178. Trams.
- Pico Ruivo. 548. Mountains.
- Praia do Porto Santo. 1,535. Marinas.
- Faja dos Padres. 377.
- Porto Moniz Natural Swimming Pools. 2,963.
Is it warm in Madeira in January?
Averages The usual high temperature in Madeira during January is 18ºC, which is still perfectly warm enough to unwind on a beautiful beach. You should pack some warmer clothes for the evenings though as temperatures drop to 10ºC at night.
Is Madeira a winter destination?
Long stay winter holidays Madeira is the perfect winter sun holiday destination – the weather is fantastic all year round, so the island isn’t any less lively. The main difference you’ll notice is the lack of crowds! Plus, of course, it’s cheaper to visit Madeira in the winter than the summer.
What is there to do in Madeira in winter?
What is there to do in Madeira at Christmas?
- Explore the Christmas lights and decorations all around Funchal city.
- Find the most beautiful nativity scene on the island.
- Visit the typical Ethnographic village and the Christmas market.
- Partake in the traditional Childbirth Masses.
Is Madeira expensive?
Madeira isn’t expensive at all, you can find low cost accommodations and also low cost places to eat all around the island (avoid touristic areas in Funchal, there are more expensive).
What is the best month to go to Madeira?
The best time to go to Madeira for warm weather and comfortable temperatures is in spring or autumn. It’s still very warm and you’ll have at least nine hours of beautiful sunshine to enjoy per day.
Which part of Madeira has the best weather?
ON THE SOUTH COAST Close to probably the prettiest village in Madeira, Jardim do Mar, the southwestern corner of the island is well-known to be the sunniest and warmest, so it comes as no surprise to find here so many beautiful and luxurious villas.
What clothes to wear in Madeira in February?
From November through December, January, February and into March it can be cool and wet, so pack a lightweight raincoat and small travel umbrella. Dressing in layers will help you with the temperature changes. Heavy downpours are common in the afternoons – you can almost set your watch by them.
What should I bring to Madeira Portugal?
What to pack?
- day backpack.
- water bottle.
- comfortable walking / hiking shoes.
- flip flops / sandals.
How warm is Madeira in November?
How Hot Is Madeira In November? The average temperature for Madeira in November drops from 21°C on 1 November to 18°C by the end of the month. Daily highs begin October at 23°C, dropping to 20°C, and lows go from 18°C to 16°C.